Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My DREAM body (*almost) at 35!

I'm sore, I'm sweaty, my knees are saying "whyyy", my shins burn and I don't even know HOW I am going to make it up the stairs to shower! But it feels SOOOOO good! I am finding the lighter I get, the easier it is to do the exercises! I'll be turning 35 next month (yes, 35). One of my goals is to create the best body I have ever had, this year, hopefully by my Birthday. In March I had surgery. I had my gall bladder removed which spurred me to really pay attention to what I was eating. About two weeks after surgery, I started exercising again, regularly, and for real. I have lost ten pounds in a month! Another ten would be nice, fifteen would be a bonus! So I am getting closer to what MY dream body is. As a young lass of 20, I was basically a waif. I am 5'5 and at that time, weighed 105 lbs. I used to try to gain weight but couldn't! As the kids came, so did the weight. After my first one, my body changed, my hips widened and my tummy got flabby. LOVED the hips, hated the flab! Having children has definitely given me a more womanly shape, so I love that. But it's been cruel and unkind to my midsection! I am finally trimming down and so is my midsection, but I think that piece won't be complete until I get a tummy tuck! Some things just don't go away on their own! (Gotta cut-it-out!) But that's later... I'll just be happy not to wave to my kids on the bus and have the arm flab still going after my hand's stopped, to have shapely legs with nice calves and mostly, to get rid of my muffin top, and I am about 90% muffin top-less. {Please read that again, I am NOT topless!} I am getting closer to having the womans' body that I've always wanted. The only thing I am trying not to lose is my booty! Gotta have the booty! What do you think made J-Lo so famous? {And I'm from the Bronx just like she is. Must be something in the water!}

~La Poetic Seamstress~

3 comments:

Anny Cakes said...

Mara, I'm so happy for you!!! I'm am going through the same. I had my gall bladder removed Summer of 2007 and since have changed my diet. Two weeks ago I began a diet with a nutritionist and already lost 12 lbs. Also working out and trying to get in the best shape a mid 30's woman with children can have. KUDDDOOS!!!

Chennifer said...

I'm with you chica! I gained some weight during a depression and am working it of - I'm getting close to the weight I want, just have to exercise to keep it all tight! And the booty - takes hard work to keep it when you're losing weight but it's not impossible.

Suerte!

La Poetic Seamstress said...

Thanks for the luck, because I am going to need it. My biggest weakness is late night snacking and it's usually sweets. Been trying to sub that with pumpkin seeds!